Dear Jude,
Here is a loooooong overdue post all about you and what you've been up to these past couple of months! Mommy lost the USB cord (an essential for a photo blogger), and things have been a bit busy around here lately, so I'm just now getting some time to catch up in here. But I've been taking pics along the way, so here is a very long recollection of you and all of your cuteness during these latest summer months...
If I had to put your favorite things these days into one word, it would be "doing." You love doing just about anything and everything, as long as you can keep doing them all day long! You still love to do things with me, Emily and Dad, although you are getting better at playing on your own and finding things to do by yourself {which gives me a chance to breathe every now and then}.
You're an amazing big brother! Emily absolutely adores you and most of the time wants to be doing exactly what you're doing. You are very patient with her, love to teach her all sorts of things, and are the best little comforter when something just isn't quite going her way. The other day as I left the playroom for just a minute, I heard her start to protest my departure with a loud cry; then immediately I heard you, in your sweetest voice, say, "It's okay, Emme. Come here. Sit down. It's okay..." I could just picture your arm across her shoulders, giving her a kiss on the cheek, as you've done so many times before. She's a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful brother, my boy!
And this last picture is probably my favorite right now. You and I were sitting in the front room; I was reading a book, and you were quietly looking at books on your own, while Emily was upstairs napping. All of a sudden you grabbed your Bible, held it under your arm (like a grown man), hopped in your car and said, "Bye, Mommy! I'm going to Papi's church!" I think your favorite place in all the world these days is chuch, and it makes my heart sing for joy that at such a tender age you already love being in the house of the Lord. I pray that love only continues to grow as you grow in the knowledge of your Savior!
I could write a thousand things I love about you at this age, little Jude. You are sweet. Oh so sweet. Sensitive, yet tough. Confident, yet reserved. Strong-willed, yet repentent. Relaxed. Polite. And cute as all get out. ;) I can't believe how quickly you're growing up, and I'm thankful that I get a front-row seat for all of it!
Love you like a million hugs and kisses,
Mommy