Dear Jude,
I cannot believe you are three years old! Somehow the days are passing faster and faster for your mama, and I feel like I'm barely able to keep up with everything you're doing these days. But I love our crazy, fast-paced day-to-day life, and I am thrilled that I get to spend my days playing with, teaching, learning from, and enjoying you!
At 3 years old some things I want to remember about you are...
Dimensions: 38 inches tall (55th %), 36 pounds (85th %)
Size: 3T for clothing, 10 (or 10 and 1/2) for shoes
Favorite songs: Alphabet Song, Jesus Loves Me, Grace Flows Down (Amazing Grace), Zacchaeus Was a Wee Little Man, Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Favorite books: any Bible story (but especially Zacchaeus), Just Grandpa and Me, Night-Night Blessings, all of your "Caillou" books, Five Little Kittens
Favorite shows & movies: Toy Story, Thomas the Train, Caillou, Special Agent Oso
Favorite things to do: Play at the park, ride your tricycle and Hot Wheels, play hide & seek, read books, sing, help me in the kitchen, and jump and run anywhere and everywhere!
You are also becoming quite the conversationalist and say some of the cutest things we've ever heard. And as is the case with most three-year-olds, your favorite question is "Why?" Although it can drive me crazy some days, I adore your hunger for learning about the world you live in!
Your birthday celebration started on Thanksgiving Day, when you woke up to find a new kitchen and work bench in the playroom! Daddy had a lot of fun showing you how to use the power saw and drill.
Then we went to Papi and Nana's house to celebrate Thanksiving AND your birthday!
"Thomas the Train" for the theme for the day, and you were blessed with so many wonderful gifts from family near and far!
You also had a ton of fun playing with the train "village" your Papi constructed just for you, complete with stops at Lake Emily, Jude's Zoo of Exotic Animals, The Jude Ranch, Alaska & the North Pole, Bethlehem, a Train Wash, the ocean, desert, and a Train Depot. It's quite a train ride!
Then that weekend you had one more present for your transition from toddler to big boy....
Your crib turned a big boy bed!
We had a wonderful day of celebrating YOU, sweet Jude, and thanking God for the wonderful gift he gave us just three years ago! Your kind and loving heart is a blessing to us each and every day, and we love you very, very much!! Happy 3rd Birthday!!!
Love you like a bowl full of jellybeans {another one of your favorites},
Mommy